52 weeks of code google maps

I’ve also submitted something for the java and google maps challenges in 52 weeks of code. My java submission is also using google maps ๐Ÿ™‚

My submission for the google map challenge takes the ip, get the location coordinates using the ip and shows the location on the map. I’ve also added a text box for writing the street address and getting a more exact location.

For the java challenge I’ve done a small JFrame that helps you find the coordinates of a certain address (latitude and longitude). I’ve used google maps to find the coordinates. It looks like this:
the jframe

If you want to see the source codes, just ask ๐Ÿ˜‰

52 weeks of code haskell & html5

Yay! I’ve finally managed to finish reading my first haskell tutorial and write a bit of code. I’ve submitted something for the 52 weeks of code challenge, the solution for a problem from Project Euler. I hope I’ll get some free time and study haskell some more ๐Ÿ™‚

As for last week’s challenge, html5, I’ve done a small page to test the new tags. But they aren’t working properly in all browsers. If you want, you can test your browser here. Html5 has some interesting new features, but they aren’t supported by all browsers.

52 weeks of code

I haven’t finished the haskell challenge from 52wok yet, but I’ve almost finished reading the tutorial and decided what program to write after reading the tutorial. I will try to solve one or two more problems from Project Euler. I have solved a few some time ago, but in java.

This week’s challenge is C++. I’ve already submitted something, a small gui for converting between meters and feet using the win32api. I haven’t worked with win32api much, so this was a good exercise for me.

52 weeks of code challenge

I started doing the 52 weeks of code challenge. Its goal is to learn new computer languages, programming concepts, and techniques. A new challenge is posted at the beginning of every week. I think itโ€™s a great idea, and I will try to solve as many challenges as I find time to.

I started with week 4, but managed to do two challenges in one (week 3 – twitter api and week 4 – python). I did a small python application for updating one’s status on twitter.

You can download the code from this link.

This weekโ€™s challenge is Ruby. Will definitely read some tutorials and post something, but I also plan on reading about pygame (I didn’t get the chance to last week) and maybe write a small game.